Replacing damaged or missing teeth is now possible with dental implants from Dr. Dale Remerscheid. In the past, patients had to rely heavily on dental bridges and dentures to replace their missing teeth, but advances in dentistry have made implants possible. Modern implants look, feel and function just like real teeth. Each missing or damaged tooth can be permanently replaced by anchoring the replacement implant into the jaw itself. Dental implants look and feel like the real thing, helping patients to avoid the route of partial or full dentures.
Dental implants are a surgical replacement device for missing teeth. Typically a metal material such as titanium is inserted and fastened directly into the jaw, acting as an anchor for the crown (prosthetic tooth). Once this implant is in place, the crown is then attached to the implant either via cementing it in place, or by a retainer screw.
Dental implants are usually an option for:
- Replacing a missing tooth – an implant and attached crown can replace it and look just like the real thing.
- Replacing several missing teeth – an implant and bridge can replace missing teeth.
Wondering why you should prefer dental implants over fixed or removable dentures? Here is why dental implants are considered as the best tooth replacement option by dentists:
- Get a Beautiful Smile – highly aesthetic prostheses such as crowns, bridges or even dentures can be built over dental implants, thereby providing you with an adorable and charming smile. By getting your smile restored with dental implants, you don’t have to worry about showing your missing or crooked teeth whenever you speak or smile.
- Improved Self Confidence – a beautiful smile and pearly white teeth can do wonders for you! Not only will be able to enjoy a better social and personal life, but you will also improve your productivity, in addition to feeling more confident while interacting with people.
- Eat Whatever You Want, Whenever You Want! – do you miss enjoying your favorite foods ever since you lost your natural teeth? Well, no more! Dental implants provide you with the same chewing capability as your natural teeth, so you can eat everything you like. All you have to do is to visit us in Bentonville, AR at Bentonville Smiles, and you will be eating steaks and burgers in no time!
- Improved Speaking Efficiency – a major function of our teeth is to help in speech. However, after the loss of our natural teeth, speech becomes quite difficult. Wearing dentures to replace the missing teeth aggravates the problem, and one now has to constantly try to keep the dentures from slipping with the help of their tongues. In contrast, dental implants are fixed appliances, and are firmly embedded within the jaw bone. As a result, they allow you speak fluently and with clarity.
- Durability – both the removable or fixed dentures possess a limited lifespan, and need to be repaired or replaced after some time. This is not only inconvenient for the patients, but frequent repairs or replacement proves to be quite expensive. On the other hand, dental implants have been designed to last for a long time. Once you get your teeth restored with implants, they will function just like your natural teeth, and you won’t have to worry about getting them replaced or repaired every now and again.
- Improved Health – As a result of improved chewing efficiency provided by the dental implants, you will be able to chew and digest your food properly. This will in turn, ensure that you enjoy excellent overall health and well-being.
- No More Denture Sores – denture wearers frequently get sores on the soft tissues covering the jaw bones, due to the pressure applied on them by the fitting surface of the dentures while eating. This condition is not only very painful and discomforting, but can also lead to various dental infections. Now you can get rid of your denture sores with the help of the dental implants.
While there certain factors that may play into how successful dental implant procedures may be, the overall success rate is extremely high and very safe. Patients with otherwise healthy gums and bone are great candidates for dental implants. Speaking with your dentist can help to determine the recommended course of action after a thorough consultation.
We have a carefully designed treatment plan, so that you remain comfortable and relaxed during the implant placement procedure:
- Pre-operative Evaluation – before starting the procedure, our dental team will have a thorough look at your current, as well as your previous dental records. This will help us ascertain the quality and quantity of jaw bone available at the site of implant placement, and to assess whether you are a suitable candidate for getting dental implants. We may also order some laboratory test, to ensure you are physically fit to undergo this procedure.
- Administration of Local Anesthesia – implant placement is a surgical procedure, and therefore requires the administration of local anesthesia prior to starting the procedure. We won’t proceed unless you are completely pain-free and relaxed.
- Surgical Procedure – the procedure will be initiated by making an incision through the soft tissues overlying the jaw bones. The dentist will the drill through the bone in order to create a hole for implant placement. This hole is slightly narrower than the width of the implant. Next, the dentist will screw the implant into position by applying controlled forces. A healing cap will be placed over the implant, so as to allow uninterrupted healing.
- Implant Loading – your dentist may choose to place a prosthesis, such as a crown, bridge or a denture over the implant immediately after placing the implant. Alternatively, implant loading may be postponed till completed healing and sufficient osseointegration has taken place.
Dr. Dale Remerscheid and our entire staff are here to help! Dr. Remerscheid boasts decades of experience in implant and other dental procedures. With Bentonville Smiles you get:
- An Experienced Dental Team – our dental team is fully equipped in providing you all the dental services that you require.
- A “Patients Always Come First” Mentality – our dental team is skilled in taking care of your comfort while fixing your smile, so that you remain calm and relaxed, and the dental treatment becomes an enjoyable experience for you.
- Affordable Treatment – we provide you with high quality, yet cost effective options for the placement of dental implants in Bentonville, AR. Financing options are also available, so don’t let the costs hold you back!
So what are you waiting for? Call us today and get your appointment today! We would love to take care of your dental problems, and provide you with an attractive and charming smile.
Mon: 8am – 12:30pm & 2-5PM
Tue: 8am – 12:30pm & 2-5PM
Wed: 8am – 12:30pm & 2-5PM
Thur: 8am – 12:30pm & 2-5PM
3109 N. Walton Blvd.
Bentonville, AR 72712