With laser dentistry, many dental procedures can now be performed with immense precision and effectiveness. In using lasers, dentists now have the ability to control the amount of pressure on tissue (either your gum or tooth structure) as well as how long this pressure is applied. This allows for very precise treatments of specific areas, without damaging any of the surrounding tissues.
Patients who tend to endure more anxiety and nervousness over dental procedures typically rave about procedures performed using laser dentistry. Use of this new technology has also lead to treatments that minimize pain, while reducing recovery time when compared to traditional treatment methods.
- Soft tissue procedures performed with a laser may not need sutures (stitches)
- Minimizes pain and reduces recovery time
- Some procedures do not require anesthesia
- Minimal bleeding due to high energy light beam aiding in clotting of blood vessels
- Minimizes damage to surrounding tissues
The application of lasers in modern dentistry allows for complete versatility in the procedures dentists perform. Because lasers can be so precise in how they cut or trim tissues (both hard & soft) and do not harm surrounding tissues, the applications are broad. Laser dentistry procedures tend to include:
- Gum disease treatments
- Root canal cleaning
- Gum contouring & reshaping
- Teeth whitening
- Benign tumors, cold & canker sores
- Bonding material curing & strengthening
- And much more
Mon: 8am – 12:30pm & 2-5PM
Tue: 8am – 12:30pm & 2-5PM
Wed: 8am – 12:30pm & 2-5PM
Thur: 8am – 12:30pm & 2-5PM
3109 N. Walton Blvd.
Bentonville, AR 72712